This post was last updated in January 2022
Eligible benefit recipients can get fibre broadband with unlimited calls to U.K. landlines and mobiles for just £20/mo with the BT Home Essentials package.
This is effectively an ‘upgraded’ version of the BT Basics service which only offered landline rental with limited calls.
What’s does the deal include?
- Fibre broadband with average download speeds of 67Mbps
- Unlimited Calls to UK Landlines & Mobiles
- Up to 100 Calls or 1,000 Minutes to 0845 & 0870 numbers.
- Unlimited Data Usage
- Stay Fast Guarantee
- BT Virus Protect (Anti-Malware) for 2 Devices
What’s does the deal not include?
- Calls to premium numbers other than 0845 & 0870 (I.e 05, 0844, 0871, 09)
- International Calling (from £2.11/mo with 24p connection charge)
- BT Voice Mail (additional £3.69/mo)
- BT 1471 Call Return (35p charge per use)
- £9.99 P&P (Post & Packaging) charge for the router.
Is there any contracts?
The deal is offered on a 12 month contract, however there is no penalty for leaving early or exit fees.
Whats the price after 12 months?
If you still meet the eligibility criteria after 12 months, you will remain on the same plan. Otherwise, you will need to select a standard package from BT or choose another provider.
Who’s eligible for the deal?
You are eligible for the deal if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (UC)
- Guarantee Element of Pension Credit
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income Based Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
How to apply?
If you you meet the eligibility criteria you can place an order at https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials.